Monday, October 20, 2008

spiders scare me now....

Spiders didn't scare me before, but they do now. A couple years back my step-daughter (aka Bear) was with us for one of her visits and I had just gone to bed after having a horrible headache all day. I took a couple of Tylenol p.m. and proceeded to pass out. I was just getting to sleep and was awoken t0 Bear standing over my head trying to get me up. In my mind I am screaming "WTH!?! To her....I am sure I wasn't pleasant either...I was half asleep and I am not a nice girl when I am awoken from sleep....ask any member of my family! Anyway, Bear is freaked out. She tells me there is a HUGE spider in the living room and I should come quick so that I can kill it. ......wha?hmmm?seriously? I was a bit perplexed. Hubster (her father) was right next to me. Why didn't she wake him up? Why did she think that I would be the one to kill the spider?

Reluctantly, I got out of bed and went to see what was going on. I haven't seen a BIG spider really ever, unless of course you count that time we were at the zoo or museum. I was not prepared for what I saw. Bear wasn't kidding when she said that there was a HUGE spider in the room. This thing was gianormous! I found the nearest shoe I could while Bear jumped on the couch cheering me on from far away. I slapped one of my flip-flops hard on the spider. As soon as I hit it a million baby spiders scattered from under my shoe. There had to have been a million......At that moment I promised all the spiders of the world that I would not harm anymore......except of course the babies that had spread all over my floor looking for cover. I ran and got the nearest spray I could find....ant and roach spray....if it was good for ants and roaches it was good for these babies. I sprayed the rest of the bottle that I had....it had to have been half full.

After we got everything settled, Bear went back to watching her show on t.v. and I went back to the comforts of my bed. As soon as I went back to sleep I started having nightmares of Charlotte and her babies from Charlotte's Web. "Help me....help me"......ahhhh.

Never again will I kill a spider. I promised!

No comments: