Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Day at the Aquarium

We went to the downtown aquarium today. They are running a "Two for Tuesday" special. The kiddo and I had a BLAST with some friends of ours.

Here are some pictures of some of the cool things we got to see.


These are gold speckled fish (that is not the actual name). The sides of their body actually look like shimmering gold in the light.



Here we have the octopus. He/She would not let me take a picture of her face. It was shy!



Here is a shark that swam above my head. It was an awesome sight. (I am quite fascinated by sharks.)


Ahh.....the jelly fish. How much fun I had standing and watching these amazing creatures.



At the end of the tour of the aquarium, there are white tigers. There are 4 on the premises but only one at a time on display. They change the tigers out every 2 hours to keep the tigers day changed up. The white tiger above was just chillin'.

The above tiger had just seen his "chef" that piqued his interest. He watched intently and then started pacing.

It was a great day! The kid got to ride all the rides he wanted as many times as he wanted and I got to hang with him and my friends and we laughed most of the day.

Laughter is my guage to how good the day is.....and today was Awesome!

No comments: