Saturday, March 7, 2009

Watchmen

Me and the hubs went out on a date last night. I don't know if it was because it all seemed to work out well with planning or what but it was a heck of a time. We had a blast. There was good food and a killer flick.

We went to see Watchmen. I just love the comedian's smiley face.....I know it is a little morbid.

I was very impressed by the movie. There were some scenes that were majorly graphic like the prisoner scene and there were a ton of blue penis shots. I don't know why but there were. I won't lie.

I loved the plot and that it was set in the 1980's alternate reality.

Unfortunately, I hadn't read the book before hand. Fortunately, the hubs went and got it for us today. Totally cool! I am amazed at how the movie had a lot of the same shots as the comic.

I don't know if I would have been as glad about the movie if I had read the book first. Regardless, I am thrilled that I got to go out last night and watch a killer flick with the most incredible husband ever.

And a sidenote to the ladies who were in line before us wearing their flip-flops with socks (cause that really bothered me) and had their 4 or 5 year old son with them (which bothers me even more).....it is not appropriate to EVER take a child that young to a rated "R" movie. Seriously, NOT COOL!

I bet that child didn't get much sleep after watching it. There were some parts that were hard for me, a grown ass woman, to watch let alone a young boy.

No comments: