Monday, February 16, 2009

ABC's of my world

A - A is for Anniversary weekend!

It was a perfect time with my husband. We had an absolute blast! We drove to Austin in a nice ride just the two of us. We stayed a great hotel that had the BEST breakfast evah! We had a suite and it came with chocolate covered strawberries, white chocoate swans with blueberries, champagne, and heart shaped brownies. I was in HEAVEN!

We went to 6th street in Austin and went to Woodrow's and I had the best Blue Moon beer(s) with a ton of oranges. They were heavenly.

Then we got all gussied up and went to dinner at the Oasis. It is a great restaurant overlooking Lake Travis. We got a table immediately. I was super impressed.

We shared a wonderful evening together and woke up the next morning ready to get home to see our son. Man did we miss that kid! He was the topic of many of our conversations.

B - would be for the Ball of Fire we saw shoot through the sky yesterday on the way out of town.

We stopped to get gas and while the pump was pumping we were sitting in the car staring off into space. We saw something that was beyond cool. Here is a video that someone got of it. The video doesn't do it justice. It burned for a very long time as it came through the atmosphere. It also made CNN.



"The Federal Aviation Administration has reported to local law enforcement that these events are being caused by falling satellite debris," the service said Friday. "These pieces of debris have been causing sonic booms, resulting in the vibrations being felt by some residents, as well as flashes of light across the sky. The cloud of debris is likely the result of the recent in-orbit collision of two satellites on Tuesday February 10, when Kosmos 2251 crashed into Iridium 33."

C - would be for Cancer.

I have mega HATE for the "C" word! Major hate!

My father just found out that after 10 years it has returned. I am not even ready to deal with this again. I know he isn't either. None of us are. We are all so numb. I can't even think about it. I can't even speak about it.

I have to put all my thoughts together and suck it up and get it together so that I can help my family through this. Again.

Apricot seeds here we come and maybe some shark cartlidge too. We will fight this beast and win....Again!

No comments: