Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here is a secret for ya....

I am not a girly girl. You know the girl who doesn't really care WHAT she looks like as long as she is comfy. Well that would be me. I am a jeans and t-shirt with flip-flops kind of gal. With that said, I have bushy brows.

Yes I said bushy brows. See below:

My eyes are all scrunched up because of the sun I guess....anyway see the brows? I can get away with my bushy brows usually because they are blond/light brown.

Every time....let me repeat.....EVERY TIME I go to a nail salon or to get my boys' haircut I always get asked if I want my brows done. Each time I politely say no. And each time they ask again as they can't believe I would want busy brows. I then kindly tell them that I don't care if I could braid them and I don't want them touched, plucked or waxed. Thank you very kindly.

Hubster thought I was joking a few years ago until I started going with him and the kiddo to get their hair cut. After they asked me a few times, while he was sitting in the chair getting his haircut they started asking him if he could talk me into it because per their words....her brows are baaaad.

My mother back in the day plucked her brows and penciled them in. I watched her do this for YEARS and she still does. Now while I think she looks great, it was something that I never wanted to do. I have actually had my brows done the first couple of times that the salon ladies gave me a hard time until I realized that the mole I have above my right eye was REALLY noticeable. To be honest, I didn't even know I had it until I had my brows waxed for the first time. After the waxing, the mole was the ONLY thing I could see. It isn't noticeable with the bushy brow.

So there you have it! That is my bushy little secret.

1 comment:

whipnet said...

YOU EYEBROWS DO NOW!!