Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I can be handy sometimes

Tonight, hubster and I bit the bullet and bought our first television together. Don't get me wrong. We have TVs. We just have never bought one since we have been together. We got our last TV when hubster traded it for a hard drive about 10 years ago. That TV has seen better days. When you turn it on, it takes about 20 minutes to warm up and stretch the screen out. most times people's heads look like the cone heads.

The TV we found wouldn't fit into our old entertainment center. So we had to find a new one. Once we found it, that meant we had to put it together.

Normally, I put stuff like this together. I have a knack for it Hubster has learned to step back and let me do it or I will get all huffy puffy and shit. He would rather put together the electronics (cause I have NO clue) and his RC toys.

I started putting the TV stand together and after just a couple of screws, hubster had to come rescue me. I was all kinds of messing it up.

See how they have the parts below.


When I pulled the back off of it all the small little parts went flying.

I couldn't even open the box correctly.



After a lot of help from the hubster....we finally got it all together and put up.


Next, we need to figure out what to do with all of the VHS tapes that are sitting on the coffee table, and all the DVDs that are overflowing on the shelf.

2 comments:

leslie said...

very nice! i can't believe you still have vhs's - that is awesome.

J said...

OMG!!!!!!

That is the exact same stand Leon and I bought in December!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA . . . ad nauseum . . .

And, yes, it was not the easiest thing in the world to put together and there are a ton of stickers on it -- blech!!!

YAY! Welcome to the 21st century and the glory of LCD! =)

(((((hugs)))))