Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cleaning out the closet

It is Thanksgiving....okay not yet but close enough. We have all of our family coming in the next couple of days and I am stressed to the max.

The last two days have been frantically cleaning like a mad woman. I couldn't have even thought about doing it without my dear friend across the street. Amanda came over and put me to work and helped me transform my house from a house that a tornado hit into a presentable one to the family. I don't know what or how I am going to thank her. If you have any ideas....shoot. I need them. I want to do something extra nice for her.

Let me explain why it has to be extra nice.....

We have a closet that is the biggest closet in the house and it is located in my step-daughter's room. When me moved in we had a bunch of stuff to put somewhere so I stored it into her closet since she doesn't live with us and isn't here most of the year. After a while the closet became the place to put something I didn't have a place for. The closet was filled to the brim. Kinda like Monica's secret closet in this Friend's episode. Well Amanda came over and I mentioned that the closet was bothering me and I wanted it clean for our Grandmother's visit as well as hubster's daughter. I had her sit down before I opened the door. She screamed OMG! And then she got me to work. She pulled everything out one by one and I put them in a pile of keep, donate, trash. It took 2 hours but we got it done. You can actually walk in the closet now. I am so excited and beyond relieved. I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Want to know the funniest part about it all. I did this mostly so our Grandmother could hang up her clothes and she just brought one bag and no hanging clothes!

Good night all....tomorrow is a ton of cooking. I might even feel good enough to pass on my baked macaroni and cheese recipe!

1 comment:

J said...

Tell Amanda I have a 10' x 10' closet and a two car garage (including two very dusty cars) that are in need of attention!

But wait! There's more!

Pantry/laundry room/kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, two more bedroom closets and maybe even a dresser or two -- oh my! An office, several walls of books/shelves, and a storage unit to boot!

Doesn't that sound like Tons-O-Fun?!?! I think I need to locate my copy of "Tom Sawyer."

;)